Non-surgical facelift treatment with Botox & Fillers –
Non Surgical Facelift is an exciting alternative to traditional, invasive face lift surgery. It is an ideal and effective way to restore youthfulness without all of the possible complications associated with surgery. It is safe, requires very little recovery or down-time, and is nearly pain-free.
The non-surgical facelift utilities a combination of Dysport/Botox/Xeomin and injectable fillers. This powerful combination effectively diminishes lines, folds, and wrinkles, and smooths out facial contours. The result is an overall tightening, toning, and softening of your skin. Years of fatigue, ageing, and environmental stresses are erased without a scalpel or significant risks.
How Botox help in Facelift treatment –
The Dysport/Botox/Xeomin cosmetic injections are used to smooth out wrinkles and lines which are caused by muscle contractions. They are used to eliminate wrinkles around eyes, forehead and lips.
How Fillers help in Facelift treatment –
The injectable fillers fill in deep depressions and folds. These can be used to fill and shape the lips, lift corners of the mouth, fill nasolabial folds, and be placed under the eyes to eliminate dark circles and tear-trough deformities (depressions under the eyes). Together, these work to smooth out and tighten your entire face.
Non-surgical facelift vs traditional facelift – Which is better?
Any invasive surgical procedure poses the risk of scarring, infection, paralysis, and anaesthesia complications. In some cases, further surgery or medical treatment is necessary to treat the complications of the initial surgery. Recovery time with traditional surgery is 1 to 2 months and powerful pain medications are often required.
With a non-surgical face-lift, you may experience minor bruising, swelling, and redness, which subsides within just a few days, after which you are able to return to your normal daily activities. No pain killers are needed.
Non-surgical facelift results –
The results of surgical facelifts last for many years. The results are frequently too dramatic and you no longer look like yourself. One unpleasant aesthetic result is looking like you have had plastic surgery. Because surgical alterations are permanent, they are impossible to reverse. The non-surgical facelift will last 1 to 2 years and this will increase with regular touch-ups.
While the results are powerful and effective, they do not alter your natural look. You will look younger, but not “artificially” so, and because you are able to monitor and control the procedure, the chances that you will be happy with your end result are significantly higher than with traditional surgery.
Pre-procedure instructions –
- If you develop an infection, cold sore, blemish, hives or rash, etc. prior to your appointment, you must reschedule. Treatment will be deferred until the inflammatory process is resolved.
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, St. John’s Wort, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil (fish oils) for 1 week before and after treatment. Aspirin should be avoided for 7 days. The rest should be avoided for a minimum of 48 hours. Longer avoidance is optimal to further decrease the risk of bruising.
- Avoid alcohol, excessive caffeine, niacin supplements, and spicy food for 24-48 hours before and after your treatment to decrease the risk of bruising.
- Using Arnica (Secchi) will also increase the risk of bruising.
Post-procedure instructions –
- Do not massage the treated areas. Skin redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness, and/or itch are common. If the symptoms persist longer than 3 days, please contact our office.
- Minimise movement of the treated area. However, if there is a visible bump, firmly massage the area.
- Avoid applying heat to the treated area until bruising or any swelling have resolved. Avoid activities that cause facial flushing on the day of treatment, including consuming alcohol, hot tub or sauna use, exercising, hot wax, and tanning.
- Gently apply a cool compress or wrapped ice pack to the treated areas for 15 minutes every few hours as needed to reduce discomfort, swelling, or bruising up to a few days after treatment. When bruising occurs it typically resolves within 7-10 days.
- After treatment, oral and/or topical Arnica may help reduce bruising and swelling. You can find Arnica in the natural foods section of your grocery store or local pharmacy.
- You may also take panadol to reduce pain. Avoid consuming alcohol, taking aspirin, ibuprofen, Naprosyn, or anti-inflammatory medications for 4 hours as they may increase bruising.
- Routine washing and showering are fine with gentle cleansers and moisturisers.
- One side may heal faster than the other side. You must wait 2 weeks before re-treating or correction.
Contact us immediately if you experience:
- Fever/chills; area appears red, hot to touch, and angry looking.
- Severe pain or increasing pain at the site; purple blotches at areas not injected, or blanching (whitening or bluish tinge) of the area injected.
Belotero® is hyaluronic acid dermal filler. It is used to improve the look of facial fold and wrinkles and restore volume, including contouring, shaping and volumising of the lips. Always read the label and consult your Healthcare Professional for more information. This medical device must be administered by a Healthcare Professional. You should tell your practitioner and avoid treatment with BELOTERO® if you: have had an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients; if you tend to develop keloids or heavy scars; have any bleeding disorders, poor wound healing, inflamed or infected skin, or general infection; are under the age of 18; are pregnant or breastfeeding. Please inform your practitioner of any diseases you have or have had. These include in particular cardiovascular diseases, autoimmune diseases, diabetes, epilepsy, liver or kidney problems, skin infections or severe allergies. If you take medication or vitamins, have had previous cosmetic procedures, or have been treated with other implants, please inform your practitioner. Copyright © 2019. Pharmacy Retailing NZ Limited t/a Health Care Logistics (HCL). 58 Richard Pearse Drive, Mangere, Auckland 2022 All rights reserved. Belotero ® and Merz Aesthetics are registered trademarks of Merz Pharma GMbH & Co. KGaA
TEOSYAL RHA® 1, TEOSYAL RHA® 2, TEOSYAL RHA® 3, TEOSYAL RHA® 4, TEOSYAL® PURESENSE REDENSITY 1, TEOSYAL® PURESENSE REDENSITY 2, TEOSYAL PURESENSE KISS ®, and TEOSYAL® PURESENSE ULTRA DEEP are trademark of the firm TEOXANE SA. These products are gel that contains hyaluronic acid, and 0.3% by weight of lidocaine hydrochloride (local anesthetic can induce a positive reaction to anti-doping tests). In the case of known hypersensitivity to lidocaine and/or amide local anaesthetic agents, we recommend not use lidocaine-containing products and please refer to products without lidocaine. They are class III medical device and are regulated health product bearing the CE marking (CE2797) under this regulation.
Local manifestations: inflammatory reactions (erythema, oedema, pain at the point of injection), haematomas, itching, temporary loss of sensitivity around the injected area, dyschromia, abscesses, indurations, nodules (possibly granulomas).
General manifestations: immediate hypersensitivity up to anaphylactic shock, migration of the implant.
Rare but serious adverse events associated with the intravascular injection of soft tissue fillers in the face have been reported and include temporary or permanent vision impairment or blindness, skin necrosis and stroke.
Please consult your physician or pharmacist for more information.
Please refer to instructions for use